Tuesday, 22 January 2013

a painting a day!


















 Hey, hope you all well!

Here is a little fun project that I started just before Christmas. Its my painting-a-day project, which I started out of frustration while working on long projects (and not getting that buzz from a finished piece) and working on the computer a little too much. So I decide to do a painting every day, were I could experiment with new ideas, colours and text. I've also been quite keen to experiment with a new material and I'd been wanting play with some Acrylic's for a while now, but always been a little weird about using them. I've tried to used them in the past and found then quite to be quite troublesome, I think I found them a bit too heavy.  But over the last few months I've found them an amazing medium to use. You can get great colour overlays (as they are waterproof, you can paint one colour over another and get some really beautiful tones). I've even got used to their toughness, which is incredible, as it makes the image super durable. But you can also re-work areas that your not happy with - its perfect!
I'm going to continue this project over the next year and post a couple of pieces every week!
I will also continue to use this medium for my future projects, so keep your eyes peeled for future developments!!!










                              





























1 comment:

Melissa Kojima said...

Ooooh, they're wonderful, Daniel. What you described is some of things I've felt about acrylics too. Before mastering them, I was also frustrated with them. Afterwards, I really admired their qualities. I love what you've done with them. Giant dog and whirly mobile are my faves!

I also know what you mean about that buzz of getting something finished, experimenting with new medium (I've recently started experimenting with sewing paper together & it's quite fun!), and just having a way to let go and play. Bravo to you for finding these things in your painting-a-day art project!!!!