Friday, 24 August 2012

Viewpoint Magazine




































 
















Hello All,

Sorry been a little slow on the blog post recently, just had a few projects on, but I will be trying to
keep up and post more regularly.

But here is a great project I worked on a few weeks back for the award winning Viewpoint magazine (which is a biannual design, brands, trends and futures magazine). The article was about the really interesting rising field of Socionomics and the idea that events don't shape the social mood, but that the way we feel shapes events. Which was a great article read as well as illustrate.
For the illustrations I wanted to create the idea of a graph chart, with the ups and downs depicting the sense of different moods. But instead of using just a normal line I wanted it to become a obstacle course (made from pipes, ladders, stairs etc) with groups of people traversing it together (by any means possible) to give this idea of social mood. I'm really happy with how the piece turned out and it was a great project to work on.
I haven't got a copy of the magazine yet but as soon as I do I will post it up.








1 comment:

Melissa Kojima said...

I love seeing the sketches and how it all came together. I like the obstacle course as your visual metaphor for this article. Well, done and visually fun illustrations as usual!