Monday, 2 July 2012

IDEAS ILLUSTRATED!





























Hello all!

Hope you had a enjoyable weekend!

I was recently lucky enough to be asked to contribute to YCN's own in-house publication Ideas Illustrated. The article was about the various current retail trends of which I had no-idea about, until now! but all were great fun to imagine and draw. The article was also very copy heavy, so I took the chance to use these nooks and crannies between the text to my advantage - with some new and exciting results. Such as the re-commerce section (the last spread in the post), which Is the first time I've used text as a graphic shape (in this case replacing an image of a briefcase or bag with a block of text).
It was great to work a little out of my comfort zone and it opened my eyes to another technique which I can develop and use in other projects.

If you would like a copy of the magazine you can get one direct from YCN's online shop HERE.



 

1 comment:

Melissa Kojima said...

Oh how fun! I haven't heard of this magazine before. I really do like the text blocks as brief cases. Way to try something new! Very creative of you!