Friday, 29 June 2012

MacMillian print!



HELLO!

Been quite busy the last few weeks with some various projects, such as the Nike Mega map (which i've been working on along with the amazing designer Alice Moloney) which I will been posting more about really soon!

In the meantime, heres some news about an amazing Fundraising event for Macmillan Cancer support that I was (along with some very talent illustrators and designers) asked to be a part of. The event was organised by A Famliy Affair who ( alongside a charity bike race from Lands End to John O'groats) set up an print exhibition on the theme of cycling, in order to raise funds for the Charity. 
Here is my contribution. I really like the theme, but wanted it to be more about the joy of cycling with other people and about people starting out on a journey together. 
I also experimented a bit more with textures on the blocks of colour to create more roundness to the shapes and build more atmosphere. I'm really enjoying experimenting with this at the moment, but its about finding the balance on when to use it and how intense the shading/texture needs to be. Its something that I did a lot in my older pencil crayon work, but it has been a little lost when translating my work to computer, but I feel that I would like to introduce it some more in all my work (not just my personal work). 

If you would like to suppport this very worthly cause by buying a print you can get them from 
A Famliy Affair HERE

Each print is A3 format and sold in a edition of 20 prints. 





3 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

your work is amazing

Melissa Kojima said...

Ah, it is such a sweet and romantic image. Yeah, keep going with this texture experiment. I love it around the moon and on the ground. How wonderful to be a part of a great cause. Lookin' forward to hearing more about your work with Nike.

Elenia Beretta said...

i really love this work!!!!!! super colors and the composition!