Wednesday, 7 December 2011

ALL WRAPPED UP FOR WINTER





Here is another update on the Y.C.N Christmas shop, which opens this Thursday 8th December.

Along with the mini kites, I was also very kindly asked to produce a wrapping paper for Y.C.N which will be on sale at their new shop and on their online store.
This is the first time that I've produced a wrapping paper, so I was really excited when I was ask to make this. It also gave me the opportunity to experiment with repeat pattern, which is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. The technique itself is quite difficult, as its a lot of cutting and pasting, but its really rewarding once you get it right. The repeat that I created in the end was quite simple (image above is a crop the original is a lot bigger!!) as I wanted the image to work as a poster as well as wrapping paper. Just because I know from myself that I often buy wrapping paper which ends up becoming a poster, so I think that is nice to give people the option. Its been really exciting to work with this technique and I look forward to doing more in the future, as well as trying out more busier compositions.

1 comment:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Help! I can't see your kites or wrapping paper in their online shop, boo, hoo! Anywhay I can have a look, can't miss that!