Wednesday, 7 September 2011

IDEAS ILLUSTRATED


Hello all,
really sorry that I haven't blogged for a while, I've been very busy moving studio.
But Its been safely moved now, so things should resume as normal from now on.
Anyway here is a piece which I was asked to do by the good folks at YCN, its an image for their beautifully designed quarterly house publication called IDEAS ILLUSTRATED. Each magazine
has one main theme which the Illustrators represented by YCN have to visually (and textually) respond too. The theme for this issues was re-location, I really enjoyed this as point of
departure/inspiration and thought of the idea of a mass migration of people using what-ever transport they could get their hands on. It was a really great chance to try to think of as many forms
of transport as possible and to stretch out of my comfort zone. It was also an oppertunity to invent some new characters and their preferred modes of transport.
Also the magazine was all printed using off-set lithography, which is a process that I have never used as a reproduction method for my work. So it was amazing to see how pencil crayon textures
came though using this method and I'm really happy with how it has come out. I think that seeing this has given me great confidence in using this method for future reproduction of my
work.
If you would like a copy of the magazine it is available to buy online from YCN here.
(it can also be purchased from other selected outlets, check here for details)

Thanks again to YCN for involving me in this amazing project.

1 comment:

Cheism said...

Hey Dan, its Che! I worked with you on the google project and saw you at the YCN event for Ideas Illustrated. Keep up the great work dude! :)