Thursday, 7 July 2011

FLYING MAN PRIVATE COMMISSION
















Hello, I have been very busy the last week sorting out certain bits and bobs, which I will be posting more about over the next few days/weeks.

In the mean time this is a private commission I've been working on for a friend, its an image that has evolved from one of the designs I made for the kite show back in March.
The piece needed to be very large, actually the biggest piece I've work on! so it really befitted from using the same bold colourful paper that I used for the kites.
Also this time the wax paper needed to be attached to normal cartridge paper (instead of plastic), so this gave me great incentive to experiment with other ways of assembling and attaching the shapes. It was really exciting to do a college on such a big scale, and to develop graphic elements that needed to be quite bold and stripped of too much detail.
It was also interesting to develop an excising drawing in a new context,
I feel that this as well as the technique and scale of the piece provides some interesting possibilities for my future work.




4 comments:

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Looks great!

cara said...

i love this guy! amazing yellows, nice work :)

YorkUsc said...

Great! this reminds me of Karlson, from an old russian ussr animation/cartoon .. look it up on youtube. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC5mM5uXwDuxjAltxqZJUabQ_RsBSz2epv_AHoWGZ2JaDO5eFmuz5jn6Kx

YorkUsc said...

Great! this reminds me of Karlson, from an old russian ussr animation/cartoon .. look it up on youtube. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC5mM5uXwDuxjAltxqZJUabQ_RsBSz2epv_AHoWGZ2JaDO5eFmuz5jn6Kx