Tuesday, 31 May 2011

KITES


















Hey, Here are some fresh photographs of the kites I made for “the big kite show” back in march. The amazing photographer Olivia Frølich took the pictures and I really happy with how they have came out. I feel it’s really good practice to look back over past projects (although it was only a few months back) because there are elements that you have used and things that you learn't, which you’ve forgotten.
For the kite project I experimented with different viewpoints for the characters. This was because each one needed to look as if they were in the process of flight, so some had to look as if they were viewed from below, some from the side etc. Studying this project I see how I can use the different prospective and viewpoints in my drawn work as I often draw characters in profile from the same angle, I feel that if I begin using new viewpoints it will bring a richness and more variety to my future work.
Thanks again to Olivia for taking the photos, if you would like to see more of her work please visit here.

2 comments:

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Love them all!

Kathy Anne Lim said...

Clever and marvelous illustrations :)