Monday, 25 April 2011

SEGWAY TOURS BANNER











This is a commission that I have just worked on, its for a Segway tour company in Copenhagen.
I was asked to produce an image that could be used as a website banner and a swing sign for Tours CPH. As it's sight seeing tour I was to asked to draw all the sights of Copenhagen, this was something that I haven't done before or for a long time at lest, drawing existing monuments and architecture. It was a really interesting project and a really good exercise for me, because the banner was only going to be seen in small scale, so I needed to fit in all the details of the individual buildings and sculptures so that they could be recognized. Its was also a little tricky to make each element fit into a the bar format as most of the buildings have spires or points.
although I was working outside my comfort zone it was really exciting to draw from different sources like Segway's and monuments, I think that's whats really fun and interesting about commissioned work is it forces you to brake your usual habits.

1 comment:

Oliver Bliss said...

You've made CPH look, interesting viberant and full of historic charm. The pink shades makes CPH look romantic and calming. Your style is so destinctive I tell it's work!