Tuesday, 1 February 2011

"SHFT" Kite exhibition




































Hello All, I'm very excited at the moment as I have been working hard on a up coming exhibition. This show will be a collection of my hand made kites and will taking place at the end of the month (I will keep you posted on a exact date). The show will take place at the THIS ISSUE which is a amazing coloured gallery/store on Blågårdsgade in the Nørrebro area of Copenhagen. The exhibition will be a one night affair only, but you will be able to visit the store and see my kites (and lots of other amazing things) after the show and maybe even purchase one.
Here are a some sketches and a few sneak previews of the kites I have already made. The theme is really simple they are all weird and wonderful characters, caught in the action of flight some using traditional forms of flight others are using more playful methods. So far it has been a really good exercise to have one main focus or barrier to work within and see how many directions you can push it in, its been really exciting to see what new ideas I can come up with within this theme.
I will have more news on the show in the next couple of days so I will keep you up-to-date.




1 comment:

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Oh your work looks lovely, I really wish I could come to Copenhagen. Count on me to relay the info anyway, I love your work, can't wait to see more pics!